There are often difficult issues that must be resolved. You and your attorney need to create a solid game plan with a clear goal in mind. You will need professional support as you enter mediation, collaboration, divorce court, or a settlement.
The HMS Financial Group Circle of Support, led by Barbara Shapiro, CFP® Certified Divorce Financial Analyst and Registered Investment Advisor, will be your advocate. We work closely with you and your attorney to lay the financial groundwork for your transition from marriage to your new life. The Circle of Support can make it possible for you to have confidence and peace of mind as you move forward.
Even if your divorce is amicable, your spouse may have retained a highly qualified attorney and a financial advisor. You deserve the very best financial advice to ensure that you receive a fair and equitable settlement. We strive to meet every challenge as we guide you through the divorce process and help you plan for the future.
With the Circle of Support on your side, you will receive professional accounting, tax, and asset management advice.
We make every effort to:
- Evaluate your personal assets
- Determine your spouse’s assets
- Analyze the value of shared assets, such as your house and securities
We provide advice in key areas:
- How assets can be equitably divided
- When “equal” does not mean “equitable”
- Selling or retaining the house
- Insuring and protecting child support and/or alimony plans
- 529 college savings plans
- What you should expect to keep
- What your spouse may expect to keep
We plan for your future:
- Your financial rights and responsibilities
- Tax and estate issues
- Your personal household budget
- Your investment plan
- Financial planning for your children
You’ll begin your new life with:
- Peace of mind
- A financial plan for the future
- The knowledge that you have made the best possible decisions for you and your family
Contact HMS Financial Group today for your initial consultation. We look forward to hearing from you.